Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Don't Miss the View



 
Papers to be written, shifts at work, appointment after appointment, to-do lists to be completed. Phew! This can be life a lot of the time.

I am about to join in on the most wonderful work in the world across the oceans in the jungles of Asia and my mind has been running full speed? When am I going to get there, how will this happen, what doctors appointments do I need to have done before then, what curriculum needs to be prepared

 stress. stress. stress.....

"BLEGH!" is what I imagine The Father saying, Followed with, "I give you diamonds and you dwell on pennies."

But in the midst of all this bustle and stress. Our Father is doing wonders. He keeps showing me this beautiful picture of what He is doing. He wants me to SEE.
He keeps trying to show me the beautiful big picture of what He is up to and I’m too busy brushing the bramble out of my face and trimming little hedges to notice. The Great Lion is beckoning me to be still. So that I can follow him out of the brush and onto the mountain. I continue to make excuses, but He has become persistent. 
LOOK, Mookie

Don't miss what I am doing. 

That's when I turn my gaze. And a thrill runs through me. Boy do I see. I see nations being changed. Lives being redeemed. Slaves being set free. Babies being born. Joy replacing sadness. Hope replacing despair. Peoples receiving the best news ever told. Lives being Shaken. -

Life becomes a joyous thrill again, when I remember what adventure I'm on.

Don't miss what I am doing in your jungle. Don't miss why I invited you there in the first place. 

I believe that life is so much more than making appointments and white picket fences. I believe life is meant to be for Kingdom living. Our Vine is doing amazing things all over the planet. And He is asking you..No He is BEGGING you to simply look out and be dazzled by Him.

Maybe I'm beginning to feel this way because the sun has come out after a long cold winter. Maybe because I have gotten to talk to My Farmer more than usual. Or maybe, just maybe I'm letting myself realize who my branches are growing off of and I'm forgetting all the logistics of life and seeing the world like Our Father sees it. Man does that view become stunning when you start to see the world with Kingdom eyes.

Ya'll I'm not just leaving the brush, I'm RUNNING to the mountain. The view is quite honestly breath-taking, and I don't want to miss it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I moderate comments for security purposes (which i know you understand) so try to refrain from saying specifically what work I do or where I live so I can be sure to publish your comment! Thanks for taking the time!